Friday 1 July 2011

Pinch and a punch

for the first of the month and no returns.

So we are in July, how mad is that? Where the hell have the past six months gone....? Anyhoo. So a massive achievement for me personally is that I managed to go to the allotment by myself for the first time in three weeks. Yay! It wasn't particularly successful and I almost had an anxiety attack when having to speak to people up there, but I managed and hopefully no-one noticed I was feeling crazy inside....

So I've been up there once this week and Baz and I went up on Tuesday evening as well as on Saturday. Here is the photographic evidence of what we've been up to...........

These are tomato and squash plants given to us by our friend Lucy but sadly they have since died.....


Two more lots of carrots have gone in where something we put in died/failed to show.

 How cool is this pic?!
 Me finishing off the front bed that I took apart a few weeks back. We took up a load of carpet that was underneath.
 Baz is determined to grow rocket, mizuna and some other lettuce which were gobbled up by some critters.

Mmmm raspberries.

We bought some netting from Homebase (evil Homebase*) to put over some kohl rabi and cauliflower I put in last Saturday. We're determined for them to live!!
 Same for these squash.

 The first lot of cherries!
 Haven't got around to looking these bugs up, but they were on the dwarf runner bean leaves.
A sunny day at the allotment on Tuesday.

*Even though I say they're evil, we bloody love going in there and looking at all the pointless but cool stuff you can buy....
-x-

4 comments:

  1. Homebase has a toilet!


    bAZ

    ReplyDelete
  2. yeh and it's the skankiest toilet I have ever been into, think I'd rather go in the bushes.

    ReplyDelete
  3. The raspberries look nice! We have some at the bottom of the garden, we need to pick them before the birds get them, as they've already necked all the redcurrants. Hope you're doing okay, love Adam. x.

    ReplyDelete
  4. hey Adam... yeh the raspberries are nice! Hope you get some of yours before the birds get them. xxx

    ReplyDelete