Friday 11 May 2012

New Additions...

...I forgot to mention in my last post that we also have a couple of squash plants doing very well in the polytunnel, which were given to me by my lovely friend Sam, who also has an allotment and had some spares.


She's also just given me a couple more squash plants, as well as some Shillong chilli and some cucumber plants. So they will join all the rest of them in the polytunnel on Sunday when we next go up there.

I went up yesterday to water and I did some weeding which was very therapeutic and just what I needed to make me feel less restless, and I think the crops appreciated it too!

I've gotten back into food (a little too much into the eating...) lately, and I was thinking the other day that I can't wait till we grow our own carrots (one of my all time fave veggies) as the ones we are getting from the Co-op at the moment are so tasteless and not fresh at all, even though they are UK grown.

You might be glad to know that the polytunnel is still standing, only a couple of weeks and the winds should hopefully all have died down.

Last weekend I bought some new seeds, namely:
- squash
- Gardener's Delight tomatoes
- chives (sadly the ones from a birthday card I had from my sister didn't come through)
- aubergine (really fancied growing this, don't know how easy or hard it is to grow)

I have started some more Chilli Pepper Pete chillis off as all the ones I tried about two months ago never showed. I'm still thinking that perhaps the seeds are too old, I think our friend (who used to work for the company) gave us the seeds around a year or two ago........ Anyway, this time they are on our kitchen windowsill, with cling film over them, so fingers crossed this time they will germinate. Also on the windowsill...

- tomatoes
- sunflowers
- carrots
- squash
- cress (doesn't really count but still)

et voila:





see ya................

No comments:

Post a Comment