Wednesday 22 December 2010

December Schmember

Well it's been a while folks... I've been to the allotment once since my last post, and there was an almost-visit but I forgot to take the key and I'd already been home once for my bike light that I'd forgotten so I gave up that day. Anyway the one time I've been, I went for just 45 minutes and did a little bit of digging. The only remarkable thing that happened is that I unearthed two pieces of white bread, the end bits of a loaf.  As if someone had only just left them and covered them up in soil.  That was a bit strange.

November means birthday for me and December is silly Christmas time, and what with this freezing, snowy, icy winter we're having, oh and work, well it all amounts to not much down time at the allotment.

It has been in my thoughts a lot though. Not just because we recently got our annual rent bill for it the other day (£30), but I've been thinking a bit about the upcoming new year and when we finally get to sow some seed!!! Can't wait. And I can't wait to start spending time up there, one of the things it does for me personally is sort my mind out a bit, what with all the peace and quiet, birds singing, distance from shops and tills and people and computers and artificial noise and roads and all the other stuff I often get annoyed with, and the therapeutic effect of digging and other activities.

In case anyone is out there in the nether world of blog browsing or guilt-induced-family-and-friends-reading: Happy Yule, Merry Christmas and Happy New Year.  Have a good one xxxxxxx

here is a random pic for you of the Pavilion in Brighton with snow on from the other day.  I work just behind it xx

No comments:

Post a Comment