Wednesday 1 December 2010

Digging in the snow!

Hey. So it was snowing quite a bit today in Brighton/Hove and of course as you do in these wintery, snowy times, I decided to go to the allotment.  I had planned on going really early, but I actually ended up being there between 2 and 4. I only spotted one person and one animal's tracks leading up towards our allotment, and no ground-travelling creature had gone along the road that goes to the last row of allotments where ours is.  Yesterday I was getting quite excited about seeing animal prints in the snow.  Well I only saw one set of prints and they went from the bottom of the plot, into our bed nearest the shed and then back again, but I couldn't tell you what critter it was. Yes I know it is probably a bit insane going digging in your allotment when it is snowing, but to be honest it wasn't any more difficult than the last few days.  After I had scooped up the thin layer of snow from the soil, it was just the same as it was before. I am really chuffed because I have now finished the bed with the fruit tree in it, so that means I'm half way through!! Four down and four to go.  I'm so knackered and have to go and make dinner now, then work tomorrow so I will let the photos do the talking for the remainder of this post...... xx








2 comments:

  1. yikes looks really chilly! when do roses stop flowering?

    ReplyDelete
  2. well I think round about now as ours are dying! xx

    ReplyDelete