Saturday 26 February 2011

4 months for nothing...

Well what a weird turn of events.

It seems that the allotment we have been working on for the last 4 months actually belongs to someone else!

Apparently the co-worker of 'our' plot turned up to her friend's plot the other day and was very distressed to discover that someone had totally changed everything and the locks had all been changed on the sheds.... So she got in touch with the reps and the council and it seems that the allotment that belonged to her friend had been given to us and Mikey. I think it's the fault of the site reps, or at least that's what the council guy said to me on the phone.  They should have never showed us the plots as they belong to a guy who has been really ill in hospital and he had informed the allotments that he wouldn't be able to come and tend his land.  Although I have just thought, why the flip hasn't the co-worker been up working at the site in the last 4 months and before that???

Anyway it was all a bit weird when I was told all this on the phone yesterday and I think I might have agreed to go quietly and pick another plot which the council will 'tidy, strim and possibly rotivate' for us very quickly.  Baz was way more angry than me when we saw each other in the evening and he was straight onto the phone to our semi-arch enemy Mikey, getting the lowdown and the highdown and acting all brothers-in-arms and his words afterwards are "We need to stick with Mikey, cully!" which is ironic seeing as our hearts drop when we see him coming up the track when we're at the allotment because we haven't forgiven him for him acting like a 5 year old back in November when we asked for our fair share of the land and he likened our situation to North and South Korea (us being North incidentally) among other insulting things.  Well it seems that North and South Korea are willing to put their past differences aside!

I'm not sure what will happen but it does seem really hard that we've put so much work in, going up all through the winter, and it's all been for someone else.... I don't really care that much as there's a hell of a lot worse going on around the world- people being shot and killed for nothing more than standing up for their basic human rights- so if we have to start again in another plot, well so be it.  But in the context of our little world in Brighton, well I guess it's frustrating and annoying and now that I have just realised the weirdness of the co-worker not going up there, well it all sounds a bit fishy now.

Anyone got any thoughts? Ha ha I am presuming anyone other than me and Baz read this. Well, it's worth a shot.  Time to send another email reminding people of my silly little blog......

xxx

1 comment:

  1. I read it!!!!! What an extremely spiritually advanced Zen being you are. Miss you on Mondays and hope to see you soon. x

    ReplyDelete